The Provincial Grand Lodge of Suffolk hold a Festival approximately every ten years.
The Festival is a Charitable fund-raising event that last for five years.
The most recent Festival ended in 2019 raising the magnificent total of:-
The proceeds of the Festival are being dispersed to various local and national good causes.
Babergh Lodge contributed significantly to the Festival.
We have made many donations to local and national charities over the last 54years, which include the following local good causes.
- The Stour Valley Vineyard Church -Storehouse Foodbank, who do great work in support of food donations to those in desperate circumstances.
- The Bridge Project, Sudbury, who provide vital activities and care for adults in the community with learning and physical disabilities, also a mobile meals service.
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM),
- The Christopher Centre and Ferrier’s Barn
- ‘Teddies for Loving Care (TLC). (Teddy Bears given to Children when in Hospital)
- Cornwallis Court – RMBI Home at Bury St Edmunds
- Non Masonic Causes and Emergencies
- Victims of the Sudbury Town Fire 29th November 2017
We have many more contributions to make once Covid19 restriction are relaxed such as to Simon Pimm, whose father was a well-respected member of Babergh Lodge in past times, Simon is undertaking a long-distance hike in Africa in support of various charities.
Be part of one of the main principles in Freemasonry, that of helping others in many different ways.